Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • pipewelder2016
    Participant

Hello Bauer i have a quick question.  I’m working on a 16x map and id like to have elm creek in it, so im trying to make an elm creek 16x map.

ive tried several different ways.  The first way that ive tried just stretched everything out  another way that ive tried is I was able to combined the map_dem.png of the 16x and the one of elm creek and the part of elm creek was close but was never quite right when i tried to start importing the roads and stuff ive tried messing around with the numbers and got close but cant quite get it right.      So i was just wondering if you could help steer me in the right direction or some tips or if ive even doing it the right way.  please and thank you!!

• bauerbrown
    Keymaster

Sorry it took so long for a response, your post got lost in the mix because I’ve been battling a lot of spam on this site – I’m slowly getting it under control. What it takes to expand an existing map is a lot more than I can get into over a forum post. I have plans for a video tutorial on this exact subject, and even that will cover several videos. I know it’s not helpful, but I can tell you that you need to be creative and think outside the box. A 2km map and 8km map have different size requirements on their dependencies, and getting them to work together is not the easiest game in town. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful – the best advice I can give you at this point is to wait for the tutorial video, and in the meantime I can possibly answer questions about specific issues you might be having.

A tip about placement and the DEM: The Elmcreek DEM needs to sit dead center inside the bigger DEM or all of your placement coordinates will be off.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.